What is it about?
“1 Spazio per te” (that means “1 space for you”) is a counseling and psychological support service for adolescents, young adults, couples and families who are facing problems related to sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Fees are facilitated and flexible according to the socio economic status of individuals and families.
Our service comes in continuity with “Be as you are” service, activated in 2010 at the Department of Developmental and Social Psychology of Sapienza University of Rome, that for several years collaborates with associations such as AGEDO, Famigli Arcobaleno, and Libellula.
LGBT associations and voluntary organizations will have a free space to meet and propose initiatives (for example, doors listening, self-help groups, training activities) within 1 space for you.
How funds will be used
Thanks to the crowdfunding we will purchase furniture and decorating accessories to make rooms of the “1 space for you” more comfortable. The rooms have been granted by the Province of Rome to the Faculty of Medicine and Psychology of Sapienza University of Rome. Currently, they are equipped only with electricity, internet and heating and have been recently whitewashed. We don’t have much else.
Who's behind the project?
“1 space for you” comes in continuity with "Be as you are" service, activated in 2010 at the Department of Developmental and Social Psychology of Sapienza University of Rome.
A.GE.D.O. Rome (http://www.agedo.roma.it/) is a voluntary association made up of parents, relatives and friends of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. They are engaged in the affirmation of civil and personal identity rights.
Faculty of Medicine and Psychology of Sapienza University of Rome.
Province of Rome.
The équipe of the service is composed by psychologists, psychotherapists and PhD students on LGBT topics:
- Baiocco Roberto, PhD, Associate Professor in Developmental and Social Psychology, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome, Psychologist, Family Psychotherapist, expert in Psychological Assessment
- Carone Nicola, Psychologist and PhD student (children well-being in same-sex parent families)
- Chirumbolo Antonio, PhD, Assistant professor, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome. Expert in multivariate and psychometric analysis
- Coraci Alessandro, Psychologist and Psychotherapist, expert in Transactional Analysis
- Nappa Maria Rosaria, Psychologist and Psychoanalytic psychotherapist, PhD student (homophobic bullying)
- Petrocchi Nicola, PhD, Psychologist and Psychotherapist, President of Compassionate Mind Italia
- Pistella Jessica, Psychologist and PhD student (sport and LGBT topics)
- Salvati Marco, Psychologist and PhD student (sexism and LGBT topics)
The research group of the service published more than 20 national and international papers and book on LGBT topics, organized conferences on same-sex parent families, children well-being and homophobic bullying (to request our publications, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Project created by
1 LGBT Space in Sapienza University
My name is Roberto Baiocco and I am Associate Professor in Developmental and Educational Psychology. I also work as family therapist and since 2010 direct the “Be as you are” service at the Department of Developmental and Social Psychology of Sapienza University of Rome.
1 space for you will be a place where continuing to take care of LGBT people and their families well-being in collaboration with associations who want to help us.