Who we are
We are a group of teenagers (14-19) who attend the Liceo Artistico "Bruno Munari" (an artistic high school) in Castelmassa, between Rovigo, Verona, Mantua and Modena, in North-East Italy. We are the editorial board of "La Massa", a school magazine that has been published for two decades, giving voice to our interests, our passions and our journalism attempts.
Why we are asking for money
In these years, the newspaper has been printed thanks to external sponsorships, that were paying the costs in exchange for an advertising page. The economic crisis, however, has prevented our old sponsors to keep on helping us, and all we have been able to find out is a little discount in a typing office.
How our magazine works
This year we organized our editorial board in a more effective way: there are three editors-in-chief and eight editors for the various parts of the journal, plus a teacher who supervises the whole thing. The magazine has been divided into many sections: "Focus", with the hot theme of the issue; "School activities", with the projects that involve us; "Reviews", with articles about books, movies, comic books, music and so on; "Interviews", to our classmates involved in particular activities or to teachers; "Comics", with creations of our friends.
In our next issue…
We are going to talk about reading habits: through a great survey answered by our schoolmates, we will try to analyze and comment what boys and girls read - and if they read.
Why you should contribute
There are many reasons:
1) in our case, our magazine is a way to express ourselves: we do care for it and we are battling to avoid its end;
2) we want to make our voice heard, within the school and - if we can - out of the school, and we can do it only through the paper;
3) because we attend an artistic high school and, in our opinion, ideas are not made to be just thought or told, but they need to be printed on paper or in any other visible way;
4) because we believe that supporting young voices is good for our society and for its future;
5) because we are future unemployed artists who will struggle for finding money to express their ideas and so we want to test this new crowdfunding system;
6) because we don't want to use our school's money, reduced by government's cuts and used for more essential projects;
7) because we want our work to be examined not only by our friends and classmates, but also by our external supporters;
8) because we know that when you feel the support of many people, you are pushed to work harder and better.
Why contribute to our own campaign
Because last year we achieved a special mention in the Modena National Award of Scholastic Journalism, and so we start from a good position. Here you can find and download the last issue of our newspaper (in italian), published last year:
How we are going to spend the money
We are going to publish the next issue of our journal in the last days of February or in the first days of March. It will be a 32 pages magazine (with some pages in color) printed in 100 copies, plus a digital edition in PDF. We need 250/270 €, in which we have to add the deductions from Eppela and Paypal.
If we would succeed in gaining more money, we will open a fund to be used to finance next issues, increase the number of colored pages or - in the best case scenario - buy software for desktop publishing.
Project created by
We are the editorial board of the Liceo Artistico "Bruno Munari" school magazine "La Massa". We are a group of teenagers (14-19) who live near Rovigo, Verona, Mantua and Modena in North East Italy. Many of us worked for the magazine in the last years, but some others are on their debut.
Follow us on