What is it about?
“Memory Makes Us Free” will be a tale, a unique, technological, virtual and emotional tale about Shoah, Auschwitz and Birkenau extermination camps and all people who died there.
This will be a free Web application built with 360 degrees photos and a complex Web developing environment, and will:
- Be available free of charge by anyone, simply by using any kind of Web connected device (PC, notebook, smartphone, tablet…) and a Web browser;
- Be visible also with a Virtual Reality visor, such as Google Cardboard, Oculus Rift... (the present Auschwitz virtual tour does not have such functionality)
- Be fully immersive: all 360° photos will be arranged in a virtual path that will lead the user to get in touch with the historical truth, to read, see and hear tales and to plunge into a virtual world made of original witnesses, photos, paintings, videos and music that will create the right mood to face the evidence of the Jewish slaughter.
Everything in Memory Makes Us Free the photos and videos, the virtual path’s assembling and coding... everything will be written and implemented by Italian students, who will take care to take videos, panoramic and traditional pictures, to gather historical multimedia stuff and create the Web application, coordinated by me and my multi-talented colleagues teachers.
How funds will be used
All funds that we will gather thanks to this crowdfunding campaign, will be exclusively used by my school to buy PCs, Web platforms, software licenses and professional audio, video and photographic hardware in order to develop and release the best possible product.
Who's behind the project?
This project has been created and will be coordinated by prof. Roberto Castaldo, ICT teacher, trainer and author on books about creation of didactic and educational digital contents.
All steps that will led to the complete Web application will be performed by ISIS Europa students, well skilled in deeloping virtual tales and environments.
"Memory Makes Us Free" logo has been created by prof.ssa Anita Pascale and her students.
The necessary historical validation of our tale is going to be guaranteed by the Campania’s Institute of Resistance History, of Antifascism and of Contemporary Age, in particular by the researchers Guido d’Agostino and Mario Rovinelli.
Project created by
ISIS Europa is an Italian Technical and Vocational School, well known for its avant-garde didactics and innovative teaching methodologies.
Main ISIS Europa characteristics are:
- Innovative educational paths
- Digital didactics, Learning by Doing and Service Learning oriented
- Winning collaborations with:
- Harvard Graduate School for Education
- Indire (Best Italian reasearch Institute)
- Falcone Foundation
- World famous enterprises and organizations (Facebook, European Union...)
Follow us on